Join our Social media channels to get the latest discounts
It will be 10 hours. Teaching Eng to Speakers of Other Languages / Teaching Proficiency Through Reading and Storytelling
• Have you ever thought that although uneducated parents can teach a languge to their children, why can educated teachers not teach a foreign language?
• In this course, you will learn how to teach a languge in an effective way and how to speak your students easily with a contemporary method.
• In ancient times, people used to travel by horses or camels but then they invented cars and began to go everywhere with them. Throughout time, vehicles have been developed. Today, we use planes. There is no doubt that cars are faster than horses, but planes are the fastest.
• For language teaching, we can not choose the ancient methods, we have to choose the most modern and trendy one.
• Especially for 2 centuries, researchers have been trying to find the best, the fastest and the most effective way to teach a foreign language. They did their best for their times, needs and purposes. However, the needs of learners and purposes of learning a new language has changed up to now, so do the approaches, methods and techniques to teach a languge.
• As Sun Tzu said: “There are not more than five primary colors (blue, yellow, red, white, and black), yet in combination they produce more hues than can ever been seen.”
“There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five notes give rise to more melodies than can ever been heard."
• I say "There are not more than 10 methods to teach a foreign language, yet in combination of them you can find the best way that have never been seen."
• As you can not always travel by a horse today, you can not totally use an old method or approach to teach a new language.
• If you need a hobby, you can ride a horse, yet if you want to go 1000 km as fast as possible, you have to buy a plane ticket.
• In other words, you can not always use Grammar Translation Method but you can sometimes use an activity from Grammar Translation Method in your lessons.
• However, if you want your students to speak a language easily, you always have to use Natural Approach and TPRS (Teaching Proficiency Through Reading and Storytelling) for comprehensible input and repetition.
• There have been lots of teaching approaches, methods, techniques for years.
• Today some of them are still popular but useless, some of them are not trendy but usefull.
• In this course you will find all of the approaches and their pros and cons. And also you will learn TPRS techniques, best teaching method.
• In this course, first of all, you are going to go to past and see which approaches and methods people used to teach a foreign or second languge.
• Then you are going to come these days again and learn the best, fastest, the most effective and the most contemporary method to teach a languge.
• WHAT IS TPRS®?
• TPRS was created by Blaine Ray, a Spanish teacher, in the late 1980s.
• When developing TPRS®, Blaine Ray was influenced by the work of Dr. Stephen Krashen and Dr. James Asher.
• Ray began by combining Dr. Asher’s teaching method called Total Physical Response, we will talk about it, and Dr. Krashen’s Comprehensible Input-based language acquisition strategies.
• The result was a teaching method that focuses on the importance of teacher-student interaction, the use of Comprehensible Input and stories to keep the learner’s interest to become fluent in a new language.
• Although it was first developed by Ray, TPRS® has evolved through the years, thanks to thousands of educators who contributed to improve this language teaching method.
• By applying this method, your students are going to begin to speak the target language in a very short time.
• Let's get it started.