Join our Social media channels to get the latest discounts
Applying proper conflict resolution skills to de-escalate tense situations with upset clients and customers.
It's a rule that everyone has conflicts. Bigger or smaller, these are always present. it may be with co-workers, clients, friends, and more. Conflicts are much more present than we think, and conflict resolution is an essential social skill in the world of today - both in a personal and professional context.
Especially when you deal with clients, conflict resolution becomes even more important. You must be able to properly navigate both internally and interface with the customer, who may be upset, angry, or making unreasonable demands.
I've been coaching top executives and professionals for over 5 years, helping with conflict resolution in many different contexts:
- Customer Success and Customer Service representatives calming down angry consumer product customers;
- Client Relations and Investor Relations representatives looking to negotiate with agitated and angry investors and shareholders;
- Executives looking to calm down key stakeholders and other executives that want to derail their plans;
- And many others in corporate life (dealing with conflicts among teams, with managers, etc).
This short course will walk you through some core techniques for conflict resolution, including showing respect and empathy, analyzing the person's rules, detecting whether the person goes violent or silent, and many others. We'll also specifically look at how to apply these to calm down angry or upset customers.
The course has three major components:
- Diagnostic (how to assess what type of conflict you have on your hands, and what rules were broken that led to it);
- Techniques (techniques to use to de-escalate the situation including empathy, understanding, respect, guiding towards implementation, and others);
- Traps (traps to avoid that can escalate the situation or cause a misalignment of expectations later);
Not only is it a conflict resolution course, and a customer service/customer success course, it's also, in many ways a social skills course in general, which means you will be able to transplant many of these techniques from this context to other areas of life (relationships, family, friends, and others).