A quick understanding and review of all important concepts for FRM part 1 exam.
In this course, we have condensed the content from the Valuation and Risk Models (VRM) book of FRM Part 1 exam. It is our target to let those candidates who have not started studying can pick up all necessary concepts needed for the exam within a short time frame (and a reasonable price), with the subsequent aid of exam bank. Candidates who have a brief understanding are also welcomed to check if there is anything missing from your previous study.
Note that we currently do not have intention to provide videos for explaining the concepts since we believe practices are more efficient in reinforcing your knowledge. Having said that, if there are large demands on videos for certain topics, we would like to create.
The course includes the following topics for VRM section of FRM Part 1 exam (2022):
1. Measures of Financial Risk
2. Calculating and Applying VaR
3. Measuring and Monitoring Volatility
4. External and Internal Credit Ratings
5. Country Risk: Determinants, Measures, and Implications
6. Measuring Credit Risk
7. Operational Risk
8. Stress Testing
9. Pricing Conventions, Discounting, and Arbitrage
10. Interest Rates
11. Bond Yields and Return Calculations
12. Applying Duration, Convexity, and DV01
13. Modeling Non-Parallel Term Structure Shifts and Hedging
14. Binomial Trees
15. The Black-Scholes-Merton Model
16. Option Sensitivity Measures: The “Greeks”